Press Release<< Back
Viacom Unveils Viacom Digital Studios @ First-Ever Digital Content NewFront
New Slate of Original Programming and Return of Hit Series from
New Global Partnerships with Snap Inc. and Twitter
VidCon Announces International Expansion to
*Click HERE for art
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180430006152/en/
BET The Majah Hype Show Photo Credit:
"The launch of
The new content slate includes: "The Majah Hype Show," a new
sketch comedy show by Majah Hype for
The presentation also featured new global deals with Snap Inc. and
Twitter to deliver original content and talent from
In addition to bringing back exclusive red carpet coverage of
BET Breaks: The rundown-style show delivers the
African Americanperspective on pop culture including breaking music, entertainment, sports news stories and trending topics being discussed on Twitter.
- Comedy Central's Creator's Room: Experience an intimate view of Comedy Central's Creator's room as the team offers their real-time hilarious and satirical takes on what is trending in pop culture daily news through a comedic lens.
MTV News: MTV Newswill bring daily reports of what's trending with fans, tapping into issues that are important through MTV's unique stance in youth culture.
MTV News International: Curated by MTV Newseditors and presenters, these visually dynamic, global news reports instantly tap into trending current events on Twitter, and include celebrity and fan reactions.
VidCon announced further international expansion to
Additional new original programming and talent partnerships announced on
stage included the following across
- The Majah Hype Show (YouTube): A weekly sketch comedy show hosted by comedian and actor Majah Hype and featuring a rotating ensemble cast of fellow comedians. The show will provide viewers with Majah's comedic take on trending topics and current social commentary in the news along with hilarious original skits.
Ken Talent Deal: With over 4.5 million YouTube subscribers, De'arra and Ken of the popular digital series "De'arra and Ken 4 Life" are a picture-perfect example of #relationshipgoals. The social influencer couple has signed an overall talent deal with BETto perform in and create original shows for BET Digital and bring their magnetic brand of fun to a mobile screen near you.
- Freestyle Friday (YouTube, Facebook): A revival of the hugely popular Freestyle Friday segment from BET's hit show "106 & Park." Once a month, leading up to "The Hip Hop Awards," aspiring and accomplished emcees will be invited to an open mic session, streamed live on YouTube from their various locations across the globe. The monthly event will be hosted by a resident hip-hop aficionado and have surprise guest appearances from top emcees, DJs, producers and label execs.
- Rate the Bars (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter): A returning, original music series featuring respected emcees rating lyrics from other artists with unfiltered honesty. The show presents lyrics unattached from their authors making the ratings of each song truly based on the quality of the bar without bias.
Beautycon (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram): Partnership with
Beautycon to co-create over 50 beauty tutorials focused on an
African Americanaudience. These videos reimagine the tutorial format with stunning visuals and shareable videos that showcase the latest trends and offer a wide array of beauty-influencer talent.
You Up? With
Nikki Glaser(Facebook Watch): A weekly show highlighting celebrity news, spun off from the comedian and television hosts live daily morning show on SiriusXM's Comedy Central Radio. Nikki, along with her co-host and touring buddy, Tom Thakkarwelcome comedy heavyweights like Ricky Gervais, Bill Hader, Amy Schumer, and Tracy Morganto overshare about dating and sex, dissect pop culture and news, and poke fun at anyone who deserves it!
Comedy Central's The Creators Program: The inaugural Creators
Program will be led by
Nate Dern(Funny Or Die, Upright Citizens Brigade), who has been tapped as Head of Creative for The Creators Program. Dern will lead five creators who were hand selected from over 1,000 applicants after a rigorous audition process that kicked-off in February through a call for submissions via Comedy Central's social platforms. These creators all have audience-facing personalities with strong, authentic points of view. They will be writing, producing and starring in a daily reactive series and a weekly-scripted series with both living across Comedy Central's social platforms, most prominently Facebook and YouTube. The inaugural creators are Ryan Beck, Chris Cotton, Hanna Dickinson, Jordan Mendozaand Natasha Vaynblat.
- Daily Topical Show (title TBA): In this original, daily, pop-culture themed show, the five creators discuss the day's trending topics from their own various points of view, through a comedic lens.
Comedy Central Central: Set inside Comedy Central's NY
headquarters, this weekly workplace scripted series follows the
lives of the employees of the #1 brand in comedy at
- Meet Your First Black Girlfriend (YouTube, Facebook): A new series exploring Akilah Hughes' real life take on dating outside of her race. Her authentic presentation and hilarious sensibility on a culturally relevant experience and perspective will resonate with fans.
Between-the-Scenes (Facebook, FB Watch, Instagram, YouTube,
Twitter): This ongoing, Emmy Award-winning short form series
Trevor Noahinteracting directly with the audience about topics political, pop-culture, and personal, and has over 150 million cross-platform streams since its launch last year.
- Hack into Broad City (Facebook, Facebook Watch, YouTube): The popular, critically-acclaimed exclusive extension of "Broad City" eavesdrops on the candid, often outrageous video chat sessions between Abbi and Ilana and keeps viewers engaged between seasons. New episodes of the Emmy-nominated "Hack Into Broad City" will debut later this year.
Girl Code (
Snapchat): Bringing back "Girl Code" and updating it for the social generation in short-form series featuring both original cast members and up-and-coming comedians who will dispense advice and overshare about what it's like to grow up and be an adult.
- Teen Code (YouTube): In the tradition of "Girl Code," "Teen Code" will feature influencers and teens discussing real life issues.
Snapchat): "Promposal" follows teens as they pull out all the stops to land their dream dates.
- Fab or Fad (YouTube): The series dives deep into the latest beauty, fitness and lifestyle trends that are blowing up newsfeeds. Two hosts determine what's actually fabulous and what's just a passing fad.
MTVDecoded (Facebook, YouTube): "MTV Decoded" is a weekly series where the fearless Franchesca Ramseytackles race, pop culture, and other uncomfortable things, in funny and thought-provoking ways.
Cribs: Building Cribs as a digital-first vertical across
platform, with a focus on Food and DIY.
Snapchat): All the bling comes to Snapchatin this short-form reimagining of the classic MTVshow where viewers get sneak peeks of celebrities' houses. The first season (3 episodes) last summer was highest premiere of a Snapchatshow ever and will return for a second season with new episodes this summer/fall.
- Cooking in the Crib with Snooki (YouTube): Expanding the Cribs franchise with everyone's favorite Jersey girl as she brings a whole new flavor to the kitchen.
- Cribs (
Yo! MTV Whips (YouTube): Yo! MTV Whips: Ride shotgun with
Nick Cannonas he gets a taste of hip hop's most insane automobiles in new series "Yo! MTV Whips."
Wild Styles (YouTube): "Wild ‘N Out" introduced the world to
freestyle comedy and the art of the wild style. The audience craves
more rhymes, more fire and more burns, so
MTVis delivering new exclusive battles right to their screens.
- Remaking the Video (YouTube): Influencers and talent recreate classic music videos.
- Road to VidCon (YouTube): A multi-part video series premiering in the lead up to this year's VidCon that documents the journey of a young creator heading to one of the biggest events in his or her life.
The JoJo & BowBow Show Show (YouTube): A girl's best friend
is so much more in this series of animated shorts starring JoJo and
her beloved dog BowBow. In each 3-5 minute animated short, JoJo tells
a brand-new story that comically reveals how BowBow is way more than
just a furry bestie. The character art leverages the existing art
style from JoJo's popular iMessage stickers. Six episodes are being
made at Nickelodeon's
Entertainment Labin the network's Burbank headquarters.
- SlimeZone VR Showdown (YouTube): A new digital series where you can watch the players go into Nickelodeon's SlimeZone VR game to compete - and get virtually slimed!
Nick Trip (YouTube): Fans will follow
Jace Norman, star of "Henry Danger," as he travels throughout Europewith his brother Xander. It's Jace's first time in England, Germanyand France, so fans will watch as he gets to see the biggest attractions, gets slimed for the first-time ever, meet fans from around the world and hang out with his Nick friends, Kira and Jack, stars of "The Thundermans".
Creator Edge Partnership: Creator's Edge is a hub for internet creators founded by Jace Normanand Xander Norman. We're teaming up with the brothers and their group of influencer friends to create original content and a number of exciting new digital shows for Nickelodeon.
League Gaming Minecraft City Champs(YouTube): New esports series following Minecraft players as they team up to represent their city in a national tournament. From meeting the competitors to crowning the champion, we'll follow the action and excitement of this multi-week competition.
News Provided by Acquire Media